Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre Reopening
The Government has announced Phase 2 Restrictions. This means, we will be re-opening for gym and group fitness on Monday 29 June.
Due to the current restrictions, we will be opening with a change of operating hours and bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
GETTING YOU BACK TO FITNESS
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, you will find some changes in our Centre when we re-open. These changes have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff.
If you are feeling unwell or if you have come into contact with any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in last 14 days please do not attend the Centre.
Bookings will need to be made in advance to avoid disappointment. Following social distancing rules and the state regulations, we are limited to the number of people in each room and classes as well as the venue overall.
- Bookings can be made Make a Booking
- Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date.
- In the interest of public safety, walk-ins will not be available.
- Monday – Friday: 6am – 12pm & 4pm to 7pm
- Saturday: 8am – 12pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Pricing & Passes
Memberships will remain on free suspension until further notice, unless you advise us you are ready to reactivate.
If you wish for your membership to be reactivated, please complete your details here
Multi-Visit passes and casual visits can be purchased upon entry via card only, we are currently a cashless facility.
At this stage, whilst change rooms will be available, we ask where possible to please shower and change at home. We recommend you bring adequate dry clothes to help you be as comfortable as possible once you finish your swimming or gym session and head home to shower and change.
Please note the following other changes to our facilities:
- Water fountains will only be accessible to refill water bottles – no bubbler access. Please bring a full water bottle with you.
- Some gym equipment is unavailable for use to allow for social distancing rules.
- Lockers will not be available for use at this time. Please limit the amount of belongings you bring with you and keep your belongings with you either on the side of the pool or at your station in the gym.
- The Swell Cafe is open for take away service only, Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm and 4pm – 6pm and Saturday’s 8am – 12:00pm
ACCESS TO OUR POOLS
Based on the Victorian Government restrictions, there are no changes to pool access in this stage. Swimming is currently available as follows:
- Lap swimming with 20 swimmers per pool
- Warm Water pool access with 20 people maximum
- All sessions must be booked in advance
- No equipment availiable (Water wheelchairs availiable)
- No spectators are permitted
- Spa, Sauna and steam room remain CLOSED
- Bookings are required and recommended to ensure you do not miss out. Book Here
Note: Sessions will run for 45 minutes. Please arrive at the entry a maximum of 5 minutes prior to your booked time. You will need to be marked off by a customer service officer. Please finish your swim and exit the centre within the allocated time.
Learn to Swim
Your class time will remain the same as before our shutdown and classes will re-commence as of Monday 6th July.
If you would like to look at changing your class time or join our Learn to Swim program please contact our team, who will be able to tell you availability and get you started.
Click here to contact our team.
Changes to how we run your class
- No equipment will be used for the first 5 minutes of each class to ensure adequate cleaning from the previous class.
- No equipment will be shared during the class.
- Our Infants classes will have some changes made to times and capacity limits to help us follow social distancing regulations.
- Please come dressed ready to swim, our change rooms are open however we ask you to please limit your time in Centre where possible.
- All students and members must sign in at reception upon entry.
- Parents can attend to watch lessons but we ask you to limit the number to 1 caregiver at a time.
- After lesson swimming will not be available in the program pool due to capacity restrictions.
All lessons will automatically be restarted from week commencing 06/07/2020 with payments starting the Thursday before your class commences 02/07/2020.
If you do not wish to restart lessons please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 4431 1012 to discuss your options.
Your Direct Debit membership includes one lesson per week and gives your child unlimited pool access - if you are visiting outside of your lesson time - please remember to book your swim in advance to avoid disappointment.
How are we helping to keep us all safe:
You will notice some changes to our centre and our swimming lessons as we return during stage 2 of restriction easing.
- You will see a Hygiene Officer on deck during lesson times
- We have moved our chairs and benches following social distancing rules.
- You will notice Sanitisation stations throughout the pool deck and the centre.
- We are undertaking extra cleaning of facilities and equipment.
- Teachers will be retrained to use minimal contact where possible.
- All teachers have undertaken Infection control training.
- We have amended certain classes to reduced capacity to comply with social distancing regulations.
- You will notice a separate entry and exit points for lessons where applicable
ACCESS TO OUR HEALTH CLUB
Group fitness classes will operate with social distancing rules in place.
- Group Fitness Main Studio – 10 people per class
- Cycle Room – 10 people per class
- Wellness Room – 10 people per class
- Aqua Aerobics (25m pool- shallow) - 10 people per class
We will be offering the following Group Fitness classes:
- Body Pump
- Body Balance
- Body Step
- Aqua Aerobics
- Active Adults
Each person will be required to bring two towels (one as a barrier towel and one for sweat) and a mat (for mat based classes) and wipe down equipment before and after use using the sanitising wipes provided.
Towels are available for purchase at reception.
All classes must be booked in advance. BOOK Here
Entry for group fitness classes is via reception, once you have checked in please proceed to the marked waiting area corresponding with the studio that your class is taking place in;
- Group Fitness Main Studio - wait in the upstairs void
- Cycle - wait in the upstairs void
- Wellness - wait in the upstairs void
- Aqua Aerobics – wait in the designated area on pool deck near grandstand
Access is available as follows :
- Gym (cardio and weights) are accessible with social distancing and additional cleaning in place
- The gym is divided into 2 Zones. Zone A – Cardio and machine weights. Zone B – Free weights and functional area.
- A maximum of 20 people will be permitted in each Zone of the gym at any one time based on social distancing restrictions and available equipment.
- Gym sessions can be booked on the hour for 45 minutes. This allows 15 minutes for members to leave the site prior to the next members’ session commencing.
- Visitors MUST bring two towels to train, one to be used as a barrier towel on equipment and one to be used as a sweat towel.
- All sessions must be booked in advance.
- All equipment must be wiped over before and after use – you will find wipes stations throughout the gym.
- Gym access is via reception and staircase entry, please wait in the designated area until staff direct you to commence your booking.
- Gym exit is via reception, please follow the directions of our team members at the conclusion of your booking
Note: Sessions will run for 45 minutes. Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes prior to your booked time. Your attendance will need to be recorded by a Gurri Wanyarra team member before entering the gym. Please finish your gym session and exit the centre within the allocated time.
The safety of our staff & patrons is our highest priority. Please follow the social distancing markers around the Centre, ensuring you adhere to the distancing guidelines of 1.5m between the next person.
We are operating as a cashless Centre with EFTPOS available for all transactions. We will be accepting card payments only to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. As we re-open, this measure helps us ensure better customer service for you.
Lockers will not be available for use at this time. Please limit the amount of belongings you bring with you and keep your belongings with you either on the side of the pool or at your station in the gym.
No Towel No Train
If you would like to train in our gym or group fitness classes you must bring two towels. Our staff will turn you away if you do not have your towels.
While using our gym or group fitness classes visitors must wipe down all equipment with provided wipes before and after use to help protect our community.
Our sanitisation stations will be found all around our Centre. Please sanitise your hands as you enter and exit each area of our Centre.
We’ve missed you and are excited about the great work Australians have done, to help us open sooner and connect with you again.
We would like to thank you for sticking with us through these uncertain times and hope that you have been able to continue meeting your health and fitness goals whether it’s in your own backyard, walking the dog or with our very own Home Fitness Network
We look forward to seeing you very soon!